BilMedical® HBYS Advantages
- Since the code system of each entity/institution is not just a list but contains variety of rules, it is required that both nationally and internationally accepted code sysyems be adopted, together with appropriate technical infrastructure and user trainings. In Healthcare Information Systems the ability to identify at least the following parameters with coding and/or classification systems is a an important priority.
c. Drugs, medical suppliess and services
d. Laboratory and Picture Examinations
e. Diagnosis and treatments
As the namespaces included in code systems contain long scripts, maximum care has been exercised to make the abbreviations as understandible as possible by third parties.
- The coding and classification requests of institutions with whom the hospitals have billing contracts are taken into account and written into the invoice formats. The system allows the name and code of the hospital (in line with the definition entered in Core Resource Management System), the name and code of the patient’s social security institution, the National ID number, social securtiy number, correct name and code used for medical tests and services provided to patients according to the Budget Aplication Instructions (BUT) of the government, diagnosis code of the patient in the form of ICD-10 diagnosis code and name, barcode numbers and ATC code of the drugs prescribed, the names and codes used under GMDN or other similar codes for the medical supplies, and barcode numbers of all other drugs and supplies to be shown in the related fields of the invoices.
- In the statistical practices and information systems, diseases must be identified with standard terms and names. One of the most commonly used systems in this respect is ICD – 10 (International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Problems, 10th revision). This has already been translated into Turkish by several translation companies accredited by the Health Ministry, and tentatively used at certain healthcare institutions such as Haydarpaşa Numune Education and Resarch Hospital which is one of the most important hospitals shown in our reference projects. The reason for choosing this system was to standardize the definitions of sicknesses. Accordingly, what is now printed in the diagnosis field of the invoices of this hospital is merely the ICD-10 code and name standing for the sickness. Since the use of forth break-level is mandatory in all the institutions with inpatient services, this has also been included in the architecture of the systems with neceassary relationships defined between the third and forth levels facilitating the feedback function.
- Identification and recording of death causes are also done with this coding system.
- The system supports the entry of patient’s National ID Number (T.C Number) into his/her medical records. Should it be neceassary to write the National ID Number of the patient, and the Diploma Number of the prescribing Physician in electronic prescriptions, our Hospital Information Management System could easily handle this.
- Our software enables the use of Barcode Systems in coordinating the receipts and issue of drugs and other consumable stocks as well as in the charging of these items
- Our Hospital Information System software supports DRG or any other similar coding architecture
- The prices charged for healthcare services are currently based on the Budget Application Instructions and the guidelines of TTB. These lists are updated and published at certain periods and form the basis of financial transactions being rendered between the related institutions. The software handles all these lists with the proper matching functions.
- Application software is connected to VTYS in the most efficient and fastest method.
- Numerous authority levels and groups can be defined, and easily changed if neccessary. Access to data is provided within these definitions
- While only users within authorized securtiy levels and groups could access the program modules, data entry, update and reporting authorities of each individual is sparately defined. System manager can change these definitions. To prevent these changes from turning back in the form of a reported failure etc, required messages are automatically generated.
- Two types of accesss –one for viewing, the other for making changes on these records – can be defined.
- The date and time of an action/procedure, and the identity of the person who rendered that action are all kept in the system logs and can be displayed instantly.
- Database user names and password definitions are independent from the user information of the system on which the VTYS operates.
- Application Software supportss system-wide confidentiality and security at user, transaction and specific levels. Each user has a personal password that can be changed if needed.
- Confidentality of personal information is an essential feature of information systems. To achieve this;
- The amount of information stored for each person are kept at minimum levels.
- Users are able to clearly identify the purposes for which the information shall be used
- The system is equipped with necessary tools to prevent any unauthorized use of personal information, resulting in full protection of patient rights.
- HIMS is an integrated software where modules operate on a common single database. No matter which module the data originates from, the other modules would be able to reach this data in consistence with the authority described in the system. Certain transactions can be controlled and triggered by way of shared data
- System structure allows addition of new modules, modification or deletion of existing modules without disrupting the operations and affecting the overall performance of the system.
- Dates are kept in ‘DD/MM/YYYY’ format with 8 digits and a length of 10 characters everywhere in the system.
- The software represents a modular system, and supports the structual relationships and capabilities of all interacting modules, with minimum programmer invasion
- HIMS is built on a client/server architecture, and supports various clients operating on different hardware platforms, multiple servers and distributed VTYS environments.
- HBYS software is written in Turkish, and all sequencing and comparisons are done according to the Turkish alphabet.
- Supports an infrastructure which allows communication of users in computer environment
- HIMS supports barcode applications at all the levels of healthcare services. (e.g. automatic identification of patients on their second visit to the hospital, entering service, drug and consumable item costs to the invoices by patient, defining codes and barcodes for all the staff working in the hospital)
- Barcode application is supported by both keyboards (Turkish Q and Turkish F) and in terms of barcode reading technique does nof require a particular keyboard setup.
- HIMS system can track the settlement of the amounts billed to all institutions and insurance providers by institution as well as patient
- The technical structure of HIMS fully complies with internationally accepted healthcare information management standards like ICD-10 etc.
- Appointment system provided with HBYS manages not only the appointments with departments, but also with individual service sources (the physician, equipment, room, group, test, treatment session etc.)
- Services can be billed by patient, sickness, the medicaid institution providing health coverage, and applicable service contracts. It is also possible to produce a number of statistical and graphical reports on various elements of the billing process, such as sickness, entity/institution, amount paid etc.
- Periodic maintenances of medial equipment are carried out in an integrated manner with the appointment system
- Appointments can be made through direct applications, by telephone or via Web/SMS
- Appointments and reservations for persons, equipment, units, teams, beds etc are based on the availability of these sources, which are determined by considering such factors as working and resting hours, maintenance periods etc.
- Definitions like maximum bill total, or maximum number of tests etc can be made, with a warning sub-system to be put into place automatically when these parameters are exceeded
- User Interface is graphical (GDI).
- Consistent with the graphical interface, controls can be done both by mouse and keyboard. If possible each function of the software can be performed from the keyboard, and all short paths are systematic.
- While User Interface provides visual integrity of the system, its user-friendly operation has been enhanced through the use of similar screen layouts across all the modules of the software, and techniques such as using the defined function keys for the same purpose.
- User Interface gives users all the features and capabilities explained under data entry, update,
- Data input is made with the designated codes. User can directly enter the code if he/she knows it, otherwise automatically list the definitions of codes from which he/she selects the one that is applicable. The codes used in the system are consistent with the codes mandated by the Health Ministry and hospital management. Where possible, data entries for services, medication, consumable items, tests etc are supported by barcode readings.
- The system includes all the validation procedures and tools protecting the integrity of the data, thus prevents any inconsistent data from being entered. Where necessary and possible, the system runs its own ‘range’ and ‘ consistency’ checks to clear up the errors. In this respect, another important method to save user’s time is to provide them with some sort of automatic options (package etc) from which to chose, and help them correct the errors.
- Other operational features and controls aimed at minimizing user errors during data inputs, and ensuring a user-friendly environment include; benefiting from the lists already available in as many fields of the hospital operation as possible, automatic entry of initial values or other information like the date, day, time, age etc into the fields, automatic uploading in frequently used data fields, quickly accessing the elements on the lists by way of the letters to be entered.
- The error search method included in HBYS is based not only on traditional one-on-one character matches but also covers searches made for similar Turkish characters (for example; Ü instead of U, G instead of G). The same screen also hosts other fields required to increase the speed of searches
- In queries and updates, it is possible to select and use the existing data in the system.
- The technical structure of the system allows the users to place the patients whose records are frequently needed, or who are waiting for the completion of their formalities in a fast access list called the “observation list”.
- Based on the number of days an inpatient spends at the hospital, an upper limit can be defined for the services repeatedly provided by the hospital, coupled with an automatic system that warns the users when the limit is approached and/or exceeded.
- With HIMS, all requests and reports can be originated and recorded not only by sufficiently authorised personel but also by some personnel with less or minimum authority (secretary, clerk etc). However in the latter case, the related fields (diagnosis, decision etc) must be completed and approved by the authorised person.
- The system provides the users with full error messages, integrity checks of data, and cross-references between modules.
- During the entry of medical data, physical findings of the patient could optionally be coded acccording to the pre-defined service guidelines, and used in all sorts of queries and investigations.
- Updates can be done on non-critical fields only.
- In the update and especially query screens, emphasis has been put on selecting and using the existing data and codes in the system if any, rather than manually entering data.
- Integrity checks and cross-verifications between the modules can be run even after executing the updates
- Should there be any incorrect information on some of the patient’s records, (wrongly entered entity/institution, wrongly entered residence address, or change of address etc), these records can be corrected easily and retroactively without disrupting the integrity of the data (for example without changing the date of the service provided)
- When the pricing mechanism in effect with one of the institutions (insurance providers) changes, old records can be adjusted according to the new prices without the need to delete old records and open new records. The system however shall prevent the previous records related with Criminal Cases and Revolving Fund (Accounting) transactions from being changed.
- All screens and reports are in Turkish.
- All sequencing, comparisons and queries are run according to the Turkish alphabet.
- The names of menus, files, fields, tables etc are in Turkish and represented by significant symbols.
- The units of measure (weight, length etc) and currency are the local units currently used in Turkey
- The reports generated are easy-to-read and relevant to their specific purposes.
- Users can view the produced report on the screen, go back and forth or use the cancel option during the process of reporting.
- With our system, information such as the size of report, length of related page/line can be monitored from the screen.
- Report outputs can be recorded separately.
- Reports are based on the information stored in database only. Users are not allowed to change the reports already prepared and approved.
- The process of defining new reports and report forms is an easy task and is done with parameters.
- The reports generated by the users can be exported and integrated into office applications if needed. The report structure is as flexible as posiible.
- Graphic displays of reports dealing with numbers can be easily produced and included in report outputs without necessitating any extra effort, and data transfer to another program.
- Filtering options based on criteria such as various department/services etc. are incorporated in all types of reports.
- All reports can be modified by authorised users without the need for programming.
- HIMS reports and data outputs can be printed from any type of printer regardless of its model and manufacturer.
- Queries and reports can be run based on multiple parameters set out by the users
- Because of its advanced graphics tools, the statistical and management reports provided with HIMS can be presented as various graphics
- For executive-level users Ad-hoc reporting feature has also been included.
- The purpose of this module is to quickly answer the questions put at the Information Desk. Accordingly, the module has been designed to provide help to the visitors and relatives of patients who seek information about things like the room number of the Physician and other hospital staff in charge, the department initially applied, application date, the department admitting the patient, bed location (Block/Floor/Room Number), telephone number, admitting Physician, patient ID information etc, subject to the privacy and confidentiality principles of the hospital.The system structure and mechanisms enabling the display of the following information to the patients and their visitors or attendents is provided in as many locations and numbers as required by the buyer of the system:a) Information on appoinments and services departments,
b) Hospital, department, physician, name of patient,
c) Urgent messages/alerts,
d) General Information,
e) Time details (admittance, estimated waiting time etc)b
When there is no such specific information to display, the system can be utilised as a means of conveying other useful information about the capabilities of the hospital itself, the departments, units, services available, things that the community and employees of the hospital should be aware of, and some scientific notes, articles etc on preventive healthcare issues aimed at the public. The contents of this information shall of course be decided and entered by the hospital management.
This function allows the data needed for patients applying to the institution for the first time, or patients for whom there is virtually no record in the database to be entered. The function will then display the recorded patient profile on the screen according to the search criteria specified.
Inıtial Application and Recording
- In this module the broad range of information entered into the system include personal ID and address of the patient, social security data (if the patient is covered by any social securtiy institution) and transfer details from/to another healthcare institution.
- ID information, address and personal data are recorded only once at the first visit of the patient to the hospital, and on subsequent calls this information is viewed with the same file number. Since the file could be retrieved easily through various inquiries, there is absolutely no need to enter the same information repeatedly. The users however shall be free to update this information if necessary.
- The system prevents the opening of more than one record for the same patient.
- The system is configured to issue separate application/waiting list number each time the patient applies to the hospital apart from the file number of that patient if any. With that application number the patient would then be referred to the polyclinics or any other unit in the hospital automatically.
- In order to facilitate the polyclinics visits of the patients who have been registered and admitted it is possible to hand out barcoded patient ID cards to the patients.
- From the polyclinics monitors the patients whose procedures are complete can be viewed and all appointments can be scheduled (fixing, cancelling, updating etc). Patient registrations and waiting lists can be organized by issuing tags, tokens or simple printouts.
- This function can be integrated with other related modules (cash receipts module etc.)
- Before registering any application, the system checks to see if that patient had already been registered with the hospital. If the patient has no such previous record, a fresh record is opened with the code number given to the patient on his/her initial application to the hospital, and subsequent transactions are tracked with that same number. This prevents registrations with more than one code.
- Although the patienet is tracked by a single code, a separate account is opened for each application. While going through the financial details of the patient both the code and the account numbers are used.
- All account numbers belonging to a patient (inpatient, outpatient or emergency) can be displayed in summary, indicating whether the patient has any outstanding debts to the hospital; it is also possible to run a detailed inquiry on previous account numbers.
- The system can automatically identify the user who entered the patient record
- Data searches can be run with partial information only, and if the search reveals more than one record , it is possible to list these, and make necessary selections from the list to move the query in the right direction.
- The system supports fast registration capability from the emergency dept (blanket services etc)
- It is possible to get the printouts of patient records in general.
- Referral of patients to other units within the hospital are done automatically, and if needed related queries are run in terms of each aplication and the procedures followed for that application with the help of code and account numbers.
- Newborn baby records can be kept.
- Newborn babies are given code numbers when leaving the hospital.
- With each application, the data recorded for chronical diseases like allergy, diabetes etc in the first application are automatically brought to the screen.
- The system supports all appointment-related activities like fixing the appointment (by day, month, year, hour), appoinment cancellations or renewals, identifiying the person who gave the appoiintment. The outputs of completed forms are delivered in preprinted formats.
- Patients applying to the hospital can be issued an ID card containing his/her name, surname and code number, or alternatively a tag with appropriate size.
- Processing of patients with private insurance is started only after pre-authorisation from that institution.
- If the patient has been referred to the hospital by a physician, the identity of that physician is also recorded
- Labels used on the envelopes containing brochures, invoices, calls etc sent to the patients can be produced from patient records.
- It is possible to send certain parts of the recorded information to the units/departments concerned.
- Tag printing is also available for patient files.
Recording of Re-Visits and Display Function
- With this function the patient’s stated application reason can be recorded, and the data entered for that patient is displayed according to the search criteria specified.
- Patient’s data stored in the database are displayed unchangeably, however additional information could always be entered.
- On the activities and transactions which are duly recorded and closed according to the queries, the system does not permit any change to be made that would affect the billing. The results of pathological and radiological tests however could still be entered into the patient’s records.
- All services and materials provided to the patient from the time of application until the date/time of discharge from the hospital are instantly recorded into the patient’s file in full electronic environment, and can be viewed and displayed from that file.
- Patient/case records can be printed by day, week,, month or any other date interval.
Patient Discharge/Transfer Function
This is the function which closes the records of the patients whose medical services are over.
- Once the patient is finally discharged from the hospital the system no longer permits any user to make any changes in the patient’s file.
- The printouts of patient transfer and discharge records can be produced by day, week, month, or any other date interval
- The referrals of patients to such units as laboratories and X-Rays are communicated and the results are shown automatically.
- The system enables the authorization of certain users for making special discounts. The transaction amounts of such personnel can then be tracked by daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly reports.
- Self-paid patients can not get their test results before payment of the service fees. Although the test status/stage of the patient whose account has not been accrued at the cashier could stil be looked at by the users, the system restricts the viewing of the test itself until payment of the balance.
- All services rendered for the patients like diagnosis, laboratory, X-ray etc are charged and passed on to the financial records of the patient automatically.
The system is capable of maintaining the control records of the patients and producing various statistical data…
This is the sub-module which organizes patient appointments and covers Appointment Entry, Appointment Search and Display, Appointment Approval and Closing functions. İt has been designed for such departments as Polyclinics, Clinics, Physical Therapy, Radiology, Operating Rooms etc. which are basically dependent on an appointment system.
- Whilst appointment entries are made by authorized staff, appointment search and display functions are performed by both the authorized people and the physician in charge of the service
- Is a proven system in which patients can get appointments by directly applying to the hospitald, by telephone, SMS or over the Internet with no inconvenience at all. İn this respect different configurations could also be developed. For example on internet appointments, numerous user-friendly features have been added to the system.
- No appointments can be given without a valid telephone number. The system includes necessary infrastructure to remind patients who have given GSM numbers by Short Messages, and those who have given fixed telephone numbers by audio reminders well before their appointments with the hospital. This software is installed during the implementation or customization according to the criteria specified by the institution. In order to get this facility up and running, an audio-reply system must already exist or be purchased by the institution.
- Special appointments can be made with no time restriction
- Physicians are able to suspend their appoinments while they are away for their educational duties or holidays etc..
- Appointments are entered with the type of appointment desired (polyclinics, tests, check-up, physical therapy, lab, radiology, name of specific physician or person etc)
- Starting and ending hours of appointments and visit periods can be predefined or defined subsequently during schedule assignments
- Appointments are not made by merely entering a date and time, but rather by selecting the desired fields on the screen resembling an appointment book.
- Appointment searches are not only made by entering relevant types of appointment, patient data, department and/or date interval but also by partial information entered into the system.
- The patient is denied appointment from multiple departments for the same date and hours.
- The system is based on real-time appointments.
- Once the user accesses the data of the patient requesting appointment, he/she can also trace from the same screen the number of appointments already given to that patient in the past which the patient failed to attend.
- If the monitor shows any physician’s requests attached to the patient (like radiological tests etc) these can be viewed by other users and necessary appointments are made.
- From the appointments screen the user may see all the other appointments of the patient, and automatically shift to the date and department screen he/she needs.
- Requested radiological tests (plain radiograph, double contrast radiographs, USG, CT, NMR etc) shall be displayed and recorded at the related service departments, however appoinmemts shall not be arranged without the approval of the practicing physician or department.
- The system can coordinate the appointment procedures used between the hospital, Community Polyclinics and/or satellite clinics
- The system can check if the appointment has taken place on time or not, and if not why (by showing the reason).
- The adressses of patients applying to the hospital can be printed by neighbourhood, district, town, and city.
- Medical test units can handle all kinds of appoinment-related actions (appointment, cancellation, update)
- When appointment is made for an operation, that appointment shall cover not only the operating room but also the room the patient shall be taken for recovery after the operation.
- When appointment is made for an operation, the eligibility and availability of the operating staff (asssistants, nurses, anesthesia team, perfusionists etc) are also evaluated before being assigned to the operation.
- Operation appointments are made together with the reservation of special materials and equipment needed for that operation.
- Although the physicians get involved in more than one duty like polyclinics visits, consultation, manipulation etc. during their regular working hours, they are absolutely not supposed to attend more than one appointment at a time. To prevent such overlapping, HBYS system has been designed with the technology to allow the users to see from their own monitors the appointment schedules of the physicians for operations, polyclinics, manipulations and satellite-aided activities.
Appointmenrs can also be tied to the availability of physicians’ visit rooms .
Is used to electronically record all the medical processes and financial transactions entered for the patient at the polyclinics, from the initial application to the time the patient leaves the hospital, and allows investigation of these records if necessary.
The registration process polyclinic
This module has been developed to meet the needs of both the polyclinics and the emergency departments based on a design which supports all functionalities that would be required for this module.
- With this module all diagnostic and treatment data, personal health details ( allergy, diabetes etc) and consultation data entered into the files of patients by nursses and physicians are maintained and tracked in electronic environment, to be used for the generation of epicrisis reports automatically.
- The structure of the system ensures that the diagnosis codes of the patient entered by the physicians through this module fully comply with the coding standards imposed by The International Coding of Diseases (ICT-10) and the Health Ministry.
- diagnosis and treatment data of all patients (civil servants, privately insured, SSK, Bağ-Kur, green card holders etc) other than the self-paid patients, and all related lab, x-ray requests etc are entered and processed in this module and completed transactions are automatically charged and added to the invoices (financial records) of the patients. Shortly, the software has been designed to reduce the workload of cashiers while preventing all possible leaks and losses that may occur during the operation of the system.
- Medical test requests automatically include information such as the name of the clinic or doctor requesting the test, the user executing the request, the date and time of the request etc.
- While the test requests originating from the Polyclinics module can be directly viewed from the lab module, the test results received shall also be viewed from the polyclinics module. Inclusion of test results in the patient file thus widely contributes to the integrity and simplicity of the system.
- Medical services and test requests of self-paid patients are in any case handled in the polyclinics module, with proper checks on patient’s payment status before any sample-taking and medical tests. Those who fail to make their payments are prevented from receiving these tests and services.
- The materials and medication of patients whose bills are reimbursed by social security and other institutions are also recorded in this module. In order to avoid any loss or undocumented transaction, a stringent stock contol system has been devised over the medical and pharmaceutical storage locations of all the clinics as well as emergency departments, intensive care units, operating rooms etc. Movement of all medical supplies are done by authorised personnel only.
- The module is capable of fixing appointments for the follow-up checks of patients with proper recording of the checks being carried out within the follow-up period. These follow-up calls and treatment sessions are then charged to the patient’s invoices.
At the Polyclinics;
- In this module which is used either on the basis of polyclinics or individual doctors, the lists of patients who have applied and received their waiting list numbers can be viewed by the doctor or the polyclinics nurse concerned. The same feature is also available for clinics where the patient lists can be viewed by the doctor or the ward nurse on duty.
- Invoice details of patients can be displayed or printed from this module’s screens at any time (snapshot views).
- HIMS supports the processing of two types of institutional data including the general health insurance plus the patient’s own billing data from a single patient file and pricing table.
This sub-module determines which doctor is to be assigned to patient visits.
- Doctor and/or nurse assignments are doned by the authorised personnel of the hospital.
- Doctor assignments are done either “automatically” or by “selection”.
- With the automatic assignment, the patient is assigned to the next available physician in line
- With the automatic function, the doctors can easily be added to or removed from assignment lists.
- Visit hours of doctors are defined at the time of assignment
- The nurse or the person with similar authority can view the patient list assigned to the doctor.
- The doctor has the authority to view and report the list of patients assigned to him/her.
- The doctor, by a single keystroke, can access the previous visits of a patient from the name on the patient list.
- The doctor can enter the medical data screen, after selecting his patient from the list.
- Subject to module definition, performance ratings of doctors and eligibility for pre-payments, several inquiries ( by time interval, type of service rendered etc.) and reporting functions could also be carried out and printed from this module if necessary.
Patient Medical Data Entries
This is the sub-module for the entry of current and past medical data of patients into the system. Visits include not only standard polyclinics visits but also, follow-up checks, test examination visits, check-up visits, and consultations.
- Diagnostic entries are based on ICD-10 codes.
- In polyclinics where special diagnostic entries are required, the doctors can chose from the special diagnostic codes provided.
- The doctors are free to enter other diagnostic codes than the already defined ones however these codes must always correspond to the ICD-10 codes.
- Code systems apply to the treatment stage as well, and the records kept during that stage can be entered according to the rules of TTB and/or BUT.
- In the entry screens there is a free text field where the doctors are allowed to enter the basic medical data of the patient.
- For a single case, multple types of diagnostic entries (prognosis, confirmed diagnosis, radiographic diagnosis, admittance, discharge, primary and secondary diagnosis etc.) can be made.
Patient Medical Data Displays
This is the sub-module providing overall display of all medical data entries made for a patient. Covers such functions as patient file displays and medical data diplays.
- Provides an overview of medical data entries made from all departments and reporting
- The user can have an up-to-date view of all the medical services rendered for he patient
- Users can have easy access to the episodes and overall data of the patients from the existing medical data displays and/or reports.
- Medical data displays and reports on the history data and test results of the patient can be automatically printed on the screens or as hard copies.
Diagnostics –Scanning Processes
This is the sub-module providing diagnostic scanning facilies for previously and currently treated patients.
- Diagnostic scanning duties are performed by authorised physicians.
- Diagnostic searches are enhanced with special query techniques based on partial data entries and logical operators.
Medical Report Generation
This is the sub-module where the patient’s diagnosis data and test results are reported.
- Medical reports are prepared by authorised physicians.
- The diagnostic codes to be used in medical reports and the results of these reports can be selected from the lists and the screens, Reports can also be generated in free-formats.
- The system supports standard reporting functions
- Prognosis and diagnosis of patients are entered with reference to the primary and secondary illnesses determined. A further report is prepared to assess the accuracy of these diagnostic findings
- The reports generated by this software can be easily integrated with office applications and in the format desired.
Medication and Consumable Item Requisitions
These are the requests made to related departments for drugs and all other medical supplies needed for the continuation of hospital operations. It covers opening of requisitions for medication and consumable items, search, and display functions
- Medication and consumable item requests are based on selections made from coded lists.
- The searches can be made by entering browse criteria for requisitions
- The costs of minor surgeries, of items issued from pharmacies and all other materials used at the laboratory and x-ray locations are immediately passed on to the patient’s records and files. This provides the basis for making cost analyses on patients as well as on varying diseases and illnesses. The facts and findings of these analyses can be displayed and reported at any time
- Queries related to these requests are displayed on the screens by days, weeks, months and specified date intervals, or output in printed forms.
Polyclinical/Service Dept. Reporting
This is the function by which the statistical reports of various polyclinics/service departments are prepared.It presents the daily, weekly, monthly numbers of patients applying to various departments, distribution of patients by groups and the referring bodies and reasons of referral, the fates of the patients, polyclinics/service dept. consumable item reports, costs, and predefined statistical reports.
- Patient admissions from polyclinics, emergency dept, or the delivery room to all service departments can be made.
- Patient attendents can be admitted to the hospital. The rates to be charged for these attendants/escorts are automatically passed on to the electronic records of the patient.
- All formalities relating to patient admissions (patient data entries, admission approvals etc) can be carried out.
- Extra bed fees that may be charged according to different bed requirements are automatically added to the patient’s records.
- Bed assignments are made by searching and selecting from a list empty of beds.
- The system supports the bed reservations for future dates.
- Inpatient admission forms are produced electronically.
- Admission approvals are produced electronically.
- In the admission form, the physician admitting the patient, prognosis and likely discharge date from the hospital are indicated.
- Clinics reports can be based on records compiled by days, weeks, months or any other date interval.
- Inpatient admission records are approved.
- The reports to be given to the patients or any other referring physician or body are duly prepared.
- Daily, weekly, monthly reports can be extracted from inpatient records based on specified criteria.
- Information regarding the progress of the patient’s health, drug dosages, operational data etc are maintained and if necessary reported.
- Appointment requests for operating rooms and sophisticated tests can be handled.
- • The displaying and/or reporting of patient files and all clinical services rendered can be based on partial inquiry criteria.
- All medical requests made for clinics inpatients can be displayed and/or reported
- Patients are directed in line with the criteria set for admissions and discharges.
- Multiple-user entries from different locations can be made simultaneously.
- Persons from remote (outsourced) locations can be authorised to access the patient’s records as required.
- Polyclinics data and previous hopitalization data of inpatients can be accessed as reqired.
- Patient tags required for specimen-taking and other reasons are printed in the user’s format.
- Physician’s requests; easy-to-use menus have been provided for standard physician requisition packages, individualized requisitions based on specific patient needs, and empty requisition forms for unlimited number of items. Standard requisition forms can be accessed by a single keystroke.
- Physician’s requisiton process is controlled automatically based on defined criteria (drug-drug interaction, drug-food interaction, blood and blood products usage criteria etc.)
- Delivery of all items on the requisiton lists to reqisitioning departments are handled automatically.
- Cancellation or renewal of physicians’ requisitions can be done by authorised staff only.
- Delivery of requisitions is accompanied with necessary reminders to the nurses as to the actions to be taken.
- Previous requisitions for the patient can be retroactively reviewed by date and time.
- Requisitions for future needs of the patient can be defined and opened by users.
- The software includes necessary mechanisms to control or deny the hospitalisation and operations of patients (applies to patients reimbursed by healthcare insurance institutions) whose scores do not warrant such hospitalisation and/or operation according to the hospitalisation criteria adopted (screening and scoring for certain operations).
- The software supports an adequate tracking and warning infrastructure to be built for the physicains’ requests that need to be signed within 24 hours (narcotic and psychothropic drugs)
- Certain medication requests can be put on hold automatically.
- The system allows clinical priorities ( very urgent, urgent, routine) to be set up in line with the severity criteria of the user.
- The system supports appointments and reporting of test preparatory information for the tests requiring appointment and early preparations
- Actions to be taken, list of medical supplies, and standard list of consumables are easily accessible (through packages etc)
- The system enables the physicians to write down epicrisis reports and other operational notes and store these in the system
- Consultation requests are met with follow-ups on the status of the consultation.
- In the absence of the approval of the physician in charge, the treatment advised by the consulting physician is still applied, but in a controlled manner. İn situations controlled by physician’s reqirements, an automatic alert system can be activated
- The system is equipped with adequate tools to warn the users against duplicate recording of recurring services/medical supplies provided at the hospital.
- For blood and blood products requisitions, a criteria-based warning system associated with the lab results of the patient has also been included in the system
- The costs of operation, laboratory, medication, x-rays etc and all the medical supplies used (catheters, injection needles etc) are instantly added to the patient’s file records through electronic media. This enables the generation of flash reports representing the patient’s financial data at any given time.
- As soon as the patient is admitted to the hospital, a demand for a physician is created.
- Access to prognosis and diagnosis records is supported.
- The software can indicate the days the patient already stayed at the hospital and compares this with the planned stay of the patient
- The status of patient’s room (occupied, empty, clean/ready etc) can be monitored from the system
- • This module is based on the use of ICD-10 disease codes
- Cancellation of a medical procedure or a doctor’s request by the authorized staff of the hospital is automatically reflectied in the patient’s bill with an equal cancellation of that item.
- Messaging between defined departments and individuals is provided
- The physicians can review the patient’s prognosis and medical history data.
- Overnight accommodations of patients at the hospital are automatically invoiced.
- The newborn baby is automatically recognized by the system and tracked by a single account together with the mother admitted for delivery.
- Patient rooms can be booked in advance.
- It is possible to keep the patient’s bedroom room reserved while the patient is in the intensive care unit.
- External telephone calls made from the patient’s room at the hospital are automatically charged to the patient’s account.
- The doctor requesting the hospitalization is inquired; the requests of unauthorized doctors or doctors who are not registered with the system are rejected
- Users entering the records can be traced by the year/month/day/hour of the entry.
- Inpatient lists can be viewed by test and treatment units as well as maintenance/cleaning personnel and dieticians
- Referral of the patient from one service unit to the other is done electronically.
- Identity information to be used on inpatient armbands are retrieved from the system
- Inpatient-nurse assignments can be made and changed
- Job descriptions of the personnel assigned to ambulatory services provided for outpatients and inpatients (transfers etc) can be entered and tracked with this software.
- Outpatients and emergency patients can be changed to inpatient status.
- Related departments can be informed of the rooms made ready and available.
- The names of physicians who originated patient requisitions can be viewed and pinpointed.
- The system keeps the records of patients given leave of absence from hospital and activates necessary warnings.
- All types of reports (like epicrisis and operational notes) are to be recorded by the system upon approval of the responsible doctor only. Nobody except the approving doctor himself is allowed to make any changes in the report. The changes made are duly logged in.
- The patient list of the department can be put on active display while leaving out other departments for passive display only.
- Progress reports on patient’s health, drug dosages, and operational data etc. can be printed out if necessary.
- Appointment requests for operating rooms are supported.
- For clinics patients, partial inquiries based on certain service criteria can be run to view the patient file and all the services rendered.
- Medical requisitons for clinics inpatients can be displayed any time.
- All services (accommodation, meals etc) provided to the patient attendants are monitored on the system and charged to the patient’s account automatically.
Patient Discharge Procedures
- The lists of patients discharged from hospital are viewed by certain date intervals.
- All information and data needed for patient discharge and exit procedures can be entered into the system.
- Transfer formalities of patients discharged from clinics to other institutions are handled.
- Epicrisis reports of patients both prior and after the discharge can be attached and if necessary sent to the department, polyclinics or institution receiving the patient.
- All admission data stored for the patient are submitted to the discharging department.
- The bills of patients discharged from the hospital are marked with precise time stamp after which no subsequent service can be entered. Any cancellation or alterations can be made by authorised persons only. The system ensures each hospital to have a department solely established for the performance of these duties. The transactions could also be supported by justification notes or letters attached. The records of all these transactions are kept in the system.
The discharge procedure is initiated within the HIMS system and routed to all concerning departments for approval. Unless all approvals are received in the electronic environment the discharge procedure shall not be concluded.
This is the module which covers all cash receipt points including Central Cashier, Emergencies Dept. Cashier, On-Call Cashier, İnpatients Cashier, Private Patients Cashier.
- Cash transaction records of all incoming/outgoing patients at one cashier or multiple cashiers are kept together.
- Cashier’s receipts can be printed out giving detailed breakdown of the amount paid.
- Information or document verifying that the patient has paid the required fees is automatically posted to the related service unit/department.
- Financial transactions of patients under social security coverage can be converted to and continued as self-paid patient transactions.
- Concerning the transactions carried out in this module, various statistical data (classified by date, type of receipt or payment) are produced, inquiries replied and reports are generated.
- All receipt data created within the Cash Receipts Module are posted to the Accounting module in an integrated way.
- Cash-on-hand totals are carried over to specified next dates.
- As-of-date inquiries can be run for amounts received, paid, rolled over, and the cash balances remaining.
- Cash book, central cash counter, receipt slips and books are recorded/controlled and reported.
- Supports other aspects and tools of transaction tracking performed by the cashier.
- For the institutionally-covered patients, the system includes a separate function enabling the payment of extra amounts billed to the patient for services rendered beyond the package price.
- All inpatient expenses (optional telephone, consumed items, medication, attendant meals etc) are charged to the patient’s account electronically.
- If the patient wishes to pay with credit cards or similar means, this can be done with a function in the module.
- This module is integrated with all related modules and fully complies with the statutory requirements of revolving funds.
- The module has the necessary features enforcing the payment of all types of physician’s checks, tests, and treatments beforehand, and validation of these services only after the payment is effected
- With this module self-paid paitents may be asked to make prepayments, from which all subsequent charges are automatically deducted. Any deposited sums remaining after deductions can be returned to the patient. These transactions can be inquired in detail. Test requests communicated from clinics and polyclinics can be directly entered by the doctors and nurses responsible at these service departments. With the above and other similar solutions, the system has thus been made to perform efficiently without any losses and manipulative transactions, and without causing any hardships on the side of patients or their attendants who will no longer have to go to the cashier’s counter for each service item to be paid. This functionality effectively eliminates the queues piling up in front of the counters.
- Cash transactions entered at one or more than one cash counter are kept in the same patient’s file and can be easily viewed from there.
With the Cash Receipt module you can obtain various statistical data on cash transactions, make inquiries, and report these with necessary print-outs.
Consists of Drug Issue, Pharmacy Stock Control, Drug Ordering, and Reporting functions. This module is intended for the use of authorised pharmacy staff only, The purpose is to manage the drug requests of patients, to keep all pharmacy records and to meet the minimum-maximum stock levels specified. As mentioned in other parts of the software, the infrastructure is built on internationally accepted standard coding techniques (such as ATC: Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification System)
- This is the function that deals with the drug requests of patients coming to the pharmacies as well as with the drugs which are not readily available from the pharmacy yet somehow prescribed to the patients. The software supports barcode applications.
- Drug requests of doctors can be displayed and browsed. The system manages standard physician requests approved, cancelled requests, modified requests, requests associated with discharged patients, and all prescribed drugs which do not happen to be on the drug lists.
- During the request period, the system monitors; the drugs and the dosages, postponed or abandoned drugs by patient, beginning and ending dates of current physicians requests and likely allergic reactions on patients.
- Department-specific drug requests are handled.
- Drug doses are calculated and administered.
- The software is designed to trigger an alert systsem when drug interactions are reported at prescribed dose levels.
- The system can produce reports on drug interaction cases.
- If needed, the system shall display the drug treatmet profile of each and every patient.
- Updated drug lists based on formulas, or generic and traditional names of drugs can be generated and displayed.
- The system can automatically update drug prices.
- The system can manage patient drug records according to the time schedules and drug classifications.
- If the drug is issued repetitively, the system shall bill the patient each time an issue is made from the pharmacy
- The system provides daily records of all validated and unvalidated doctor requests, complete therapeutic drug lists, discontunued requests, skipped or unused dosages and quantities and the reasons stated, and reports these when required.
- The system produces the document containing the drug usage information the patients will have to follow upon discharge from the hospital.
- The system displays the drugs used by patients during their polyclinical processes.
- Prescriptions written to the patient on discharge from the hospital can be displayed.by the system.
- Drug labels can be produced in the requiıred format and scope; indicating such things as the name of patient, department-room-bed-protocol number, name of drug, dose quantities, form of drug, requesting person, the date and time of the request etc.
- The system displays the person and department requesting the drug
- The system shows discontinued or cancelled drugs.
- When the patient is transferred to another department, previous and current drug plans and schedules are also transferred.
- Controlled drugs; monitoring of all controlled drugs, proofcopies of destroyed drugs and drug quantities, statutory copy forms, list of doctors who are authorised to prescribe contolled drugs are among the things performed by the system.
- Ensures the return of drugs being stopped or changed to the pharmacies and adjusts patient billings accordingly.
- Reduces the issued drugs and materials from stocks
- Produces supply distribution documents for medical supplies distributed.
- Schedules drug distributions according to dosage per, drug stocks per floor, lost/expired drugs, and urgent drug requirements.
- For chemotherapy requisitions; the system infrastructure supports predefined requisition packs, dose calculations, and billing of these items to the patient.
- Drug requests made from any terminal can be easily recognized by authorised persons on the network and results communicated to the requesting person.
- Drug forms administered for multiple patients are billed based on unit prices to be indicated in each bill.
- The drugs which are not available at the pharmacies and purchased from outside are sorted out and listed.
- Ineffective treatment cases or wrong drug prescriptions can be reported in predefined formats.
- Allergic interactions and other side effects can be reported in predefined formats.
- Most frequently used drugs can be identified through the screening of physician’s requests and prescriptions and be reported.
- The system supports the reporting of failed drug treatments in predefined formats (based on reason-department-drug classifications)
- Pharmacy records can be printed by day, week, month and specified date intervals.
- Inpatient drug consumptions are automatically charged to the financial records of patients regardless of the way in which they are administered (for example, single tablet, injection, box etc.)
Pharmacy Stock Control System
This sub-module shows the precise quantities of drugs and other medical supplies in stock, together with the prices and expiration dates.
- Drugs registered in stocks can be searched according to preset criteria.
- Minimum stock level parameters can be defined for drugs and controlled based on these parameters.
- Expiration dates of drugs can be checked and necessary alerts issued.
- The stock levels of drugs distributed based on previously determined parameters are automatically updated when these items are received back.
- Drug stocks are listed in predefined formats (dose, tablet, box, injectables etc.)
- Monthly drug consumptions of departments are not monitored.
- Expired, obsolete, broken, spoilt drugs and supply stocks are monitored and listed.
- Shelf lives of drugs are closely monitered.
- Stock controls can be supported by barcode readings.
This is the function dealing with the drug requests of related departments. It includes display and search capabilities to be run for these requests.
- Vendors from which the drugs are purchased can be monitored.
- For purchasing department, approved vendor/supplier lists (name of companies) can be prepared and periodically reviewed.
- Purchase requisitions are automatically opened based on predefined reorder levels.
Prescriptions (Outpatient / Inpatient) Subsystem
- Prescriptions can be written by physicians only.
- Prescriptions can be displayed and searched.
- Outpatient prescriptions are produced in electronic environment with the prinouts being given to patients.
- For inpatent prescriptions, the system proposes alternative generic drugs readily available from the pharmacy.
- The system provides several drug outsourcing solutions for State Pension Fund, Vocational Pension Scheme, Social Security, and Green Card inpatients.
- Standard drug names can be selected from the code list and printed on prescription slips.
- Drug usage instructions are also selected and entered from standard coded lists.
- Besides the coded entries, physicians can also freely enter the drugs they choose and their usage instructions.
- Old prescriptions can be searched and displayed according to preset criteria.
- This module supports multiple pharmacy outlets (located in different buildings of the hospital etc).
With the Pharmacy Module, you can capture various statistical data, make inquiries, and generate necessary report printouts.
Laboratory module covers all functions performed in connection with Patient Tagging, Test Results Entry, Test Report Writing, Drug/Consumable Item Requisitions and Laboratory Reporting subsystems. Laboratory module is intended for the use of authorized laboratory staff only. The purpose of this module is to record and process the laboratory requests for inpatients, polyclinics patients, and patients directly applying to the hospital, and carry out automatic tagging to prevent all sorts of laboratory samples from being messed up. The costs of tests are posted to financial records of the patients. The software also includes the utilities to be used for producing statistical data on various cost analyses of laboratory tests.
Test Requests Management
This is the sub-module whjich allows the entry of test requests made on laboratories and other test units and related details. It supports test request, search and display functions.
- Test requests can be made by doctors or equal authorities only.
- The system identifies the doctor requesting the test, and reports the types and numbers of test requests submitted within defined time periods
- All test requests made for patients (radiology test results, other laboratories, medical checks, and test-related surgical interventions etc.) can be combined in a single output.
- Test request entries are done by selecting from coded lists.
- Tests can be grouped.
- Hospital services can be directed to identified laboratories.
- Normal values can be defined on the basis of gender, age, sub-groups and phases.
- All laboratories at the hospital (including the ones connected by satellite) can be identified.
- Normal and panic (alert) values of services can be defined in customised or desired formats.
- For different instruments and equipment doing the same job, different normal values can be defined.
- Antibiotics can be listed as required.
- Process and delivery times of laboratory tests can be defined together with the exact delivery days.
- Print-out sequences can be defined and indicated.
- The quantities of consumable items used during the tests can be identified. (cotton, band-aids, tubes, kits etc.)
- The users who are authorised to approve test results can be identified by service departments.
- Users who are actively carrying out the tests can be identified.
- Containers in which the specimens are to be held can be identified (tube with red cap, blue cap etc)
- Types of specimens taken can be identified.
- The specimens to be placed into containers can be identified.
- Tests can be matched with specimen types and containers.
- can be matched with the identified instruments at the laboratory .
- Instruments to be included into the lab system can be identified.
- Communication between the instruments can be identified (frame, protocol, port, baud rate etc.)
- Color-coding can be implemented for instruments to avoid possible confusions.
- The tests in which the laboratıory instruments shall be used can be defined.
- Tests which are not recorded in patient files can not be carried out.
- At the sampling stage, the system compiles the test requests received from polyclinics, clinics, doctors and/or emergency department modules and after sorting out these according to the defined criteria, proposes which specimen should be handled in which test tube. As a result of this, for example at the blood-drawing station, just a single combined sample taken from the patient would be enough to meet the sample needs of 10 tests to be run on that patient.
- The system checks the polyclinics patients in particular, to see whether they have been referred with proper documents and have paid the required fees or not, and then according to the parameters, either warns the user or stops the process altogether.
- Material to be tracked can be identified with a single barcode number.
- The user may see the details of the tests requested for the specimens already placed into tubes, and access previous tube history of the patient.
- Requested tests can be printed and handed over to the patient if required.
- The tests can be assigned priority levels such as very urgent, urgent, and routine, and urgent test requests can be marked with a distinct color code in the system.
- Test requests of patients transferred from other institutions can be met.
- The advices and rules the patient has to abide by before the tests (for example, not eating anything before blood sugar test) are printed and handed out to the patient at the time of the test request.
- Doctors can edit and maintain their own test request panels/packs and update these whenever they need.
Display of Test Requests
This is the sub-module that monitors the screening and display of all test requests routed to the laboratory.
- During the search, the user can conduct sofhisticated inquiries based on partial information entries and logical comparisons.
- The tests displayed on the screen can later be marked to obtain more detailed information on each test
- From the selected test the user can easily navigate to the test results entry screen.
- The progress status of test requests (specimen taken, result entered, no action taken etc) can be displayed.
Screening and Display of Test Results
- With the aid of filters, the system utilities enable the users to make inquiries on test results by date intervals or types of tests conducted, and provide the basis for cost analyses.
- Displaying of test results is done by authorised doctors.
- The results of unpaid tests may not be viewed but the information regarding their status is nonetheless available in the system.
- The system keeps the records of tests like ECG, EEG, EMG etc.
- After the approval of the physician, any tests made outside the hospital can be loaded into the sysstem, and a foot note entered indicating the place and time the tests were made.
- Laboratory processes are supported with unique patient and specimen barcode numbers and tags being assigned, printed and read by the system.
- These numbers comply with the standards of electronic laboratory instruments (auto-analyzers, blood counting instruments etc.)
- Compliance with DRG and/or blanket agreements is checked, and tests which do not comply are identified with warnings.
- At the Specimen Collection Center, information regarding all the requests and specimens received from outside (satellite polyclinics etc) and from various units inside the hospital (polyclinics, operating room etc) are entered.
- Necessary steps and precautions to be taken during laboratory tests are indicated at the collection stage of test requests and specimens.
- The properties and numbers of tubes or containers required for tests are automatically calculated and specified.
Entry of Test Results
This is the sub-module by which the laboratory test results are entered.
- Each laboratory unit has its own test results entry screen.
- Entry function is compatible with the instruments which are producing the test results automatically.
- The instruments being used at reference centers (external labs), their brand names and models and the people to contact at those centers are provided together with the tests.
- Test results are entered upon selection from the coded lists
- Test result records can be printed by day, week, month, or any other date interval
- request entry is automatically accompanied with normal values. During the routine re-tests initial values are automatically retrieved without the need to re-enter the patient.
- Test requests which can not be met are shown with a note stating the reason, and cancelled.
- The system supports all soft and hardcopy test results received from external laboratories to be imported into the hospital information system.
- Tests can be alphanumerically coded.
- Duplicate test requests are indicated with proper warnings.
- The system reports the profile tests separately, as profile tests or as the selected ones from the profile.
- Work Schedule lists can be prepared based on the technicians, doctors, or instruments involved.
- Based on the following criteria, various queries, lists, and reports can be produced:
a. Patient’s Number
b. Patient’s Name
c. Name of Test
d. Test Code
e. Requesting Doctor or Center
- The requested tests curently on-going (due to long test processes) can be listed daily.
- Tests which take more than one day to conclude are monitored, and the technicians are reminded of the times they should give the results back.
- Test results expected from external laboratories are also closely watched, and their technicians are reminded of the times they should deliver the results.
- Additional test requests of physicians can be booked and managed.
- The software triggers audio and visual warnings beyond panic (alarm) values.
Generation of Test Reports
This is the sub-module which generates the medical reports needed by the laboratory director based on test results. This is the sub-module which generates the medical reports needed by the laboratory director based on test results.
- Supports the report formats defined by the users. Generates several report formats each in compliance with the specific needs of the test groups within the departments.v
- The system not only reports and displays the test results automatically but may also include the doctor’s interpretation and comments in these documents.
- Standard reports can be developed and used.
- Reports written are displayed on the screen in printable forms and obtained from the printers with a single command.
- The requesting doctor and/or center can closely watch the test process, and urgently inform or be informed when the report gets ready.
- Test requests and processes can be prioritized as very urgent, urgent and routine, Very urgent and urgent cases are reported with clearcut test start times.
- In test reports, abnormal values are distinctly marked (taking into consideration such factors as age, gender etc.)
- Unless approved by the Laboratory Physician, other users (except the authorised ones) shall not be able to view the test results. The report becomes automatically available as soon as the Physician approves it.
- Billing and payment; since this could be done at different stages of the process like test request, specimen collection, and test reports, users shall be free to make their own changes here.
- Approving doctors may sign the reports both electronically and by wet signature.
Requisitons for Drugs and Consumable Items
The requisitions used for polyclinics drugs and consumables are used for the laboratories. similarly. Stock controls are done rapidly and accurately.
Laboratory Activity Reporting
This is the sub-module producing statistical data on laboratory activities, and covers all statistical reports to be used. Analytical capabilities of the system provides valuable information to the users on the reliability of test results based on the statistical investigation of instrument readings and variances (if any). The costs can be calculated on the basis of tests conducted. Statistical information can be related to the individual department or physician requesting the test. Statistical data can also be displayed according to the diagnostic codes (ICD-10), or the instituiton providing healthcare coverage for the patient, or by laboratory departments, laboratory staff and the instruments used. With laboratory activity reports, users can also track the progress and fate of the test requests being made.
Radiology Information System includes all functions performed in connection with Radiology Records, Physician Assignments, Booked Visits, Patient Medical Data Displays and Reporting of Scan Results, Patient Tagging, Drug/Consumable Item Requisitions, Reporting of Radiological Satatistics etc.
Radiology Requests Management
- Manages the radiology test requests of authorized doctors and evaluation of these requests by the radiology department.
- Retrieves the social securtiy status, demographic and clinical data (age, gender, institution, requesting doctor etc.) of the patient from the system automatically. Manages patient bookings according to the availabilities of Equipment, Rooms, and Staff.
- Monitors the radiation doses received by patients and radiologists.
- Warns against duplicate requests. It allows the correction of wrong procedures and re-running of these after correction.
- Manages and books the additional requests that can be made by a physician during an on-going examination (for example a USG request during the CT process)
* Requests can be sequenced, grouped, and inquired according to certain criteria
- Urgent requests can be made for urgent cases.
- The progress and outcome of the examination request can be tracked by clinics personnel.
Radiology Appointments Planning and management
- Work hours available for appointments, detailed information about physicians, detailed instrument data, consumable item relationships are dynamically defined and radiology dept appointments are made on the basis of this information. Since the clinical facts and ID details of the patients are automatically viewed from the network there is absolutely no need to re-enter and re-define these in this module.
- Bookings are made by date/time, physician, and equipment, and cancelled if necessary. In urgent cases, immediate bookings can be arranged with no limitation.
- Appointments can be sequenced, grouped, and inquired on the basis of some predefined criteria if necessary. The system features also support delegation of authority to certain users who would be allowed to change or cancel the appointment.
- The progress and fate of the appointments can be tracked by other authorized users as well.
- Appointment scheduling can be done for both new patients and patients who are currently being tracked.
- Appointment procedures are integrated across the system and do not allow any duplicate appointments.
- With the permission of the radiology department, reservations are made for certain time periods, units or specific applications.
- If the patient’s condition warrants different procedures like isolation, anestesia, or special transportation, this can also be managed on a case-by-case basis.
- If the patients need to follow certain pre-examination instructions or precautions given by the doctors (for example complete defecation before examination), doctors and patients shall be reminded of these, and necessary compounds shall also be prescribed through the system.
- For patients undergoing multiple examinations, algothmic appointments are made. In confusing situations, the system shall warn the user who is ressponsible for the appointments.
- The procedures are defined, analysed and managed in accordance with the following considerations
a. Procedure groups,
b. Procedure codes,
e. Examination room,
f. Pre-examination requirements,
h. Procedure and algorthm incompatibilities,
i. Allergies and complications,
- Booked patients are recorded on arrival and admission to the radiology department.
- Users can select the types of examination to be excluded from work lists.
- At this stage manual recordkeeping is kept at minimum, and the patients are simply selected from current work lists.
- Thiss module allows emergency cases to be admiited without booking, however this right can only be exercised by the authorized physicians or staff of the hospital.
Radiology Workflow – Status Tracking
- Radiological imaging requests can be viewed, recorded from any terminal on the network, with the status of the request (whether the request has been concluded or not) being communicated to the requesting person.
- Radiology reports obtained upon execution of the requests are automatically sent back to the requesting physician (if payment is settled), and placed into the electronic files of the patients with this completely integrated system.
- Defined tasks of radiology staff are automatically displayed, allowing to proceed to the next task after each step is completed.
- Activities are are tracked by job steps, results, performing technicians, instruments etc. Examination workflow tracking is done by statuses (patient has arrived, results obtained, report written etc)
- Activity tracking may involve the tagging of films to be handed out to the patients if necessary.
- This is the sub-module by which the procedures performed after the examination (not the image report itself) are entered.
- Examinations can be printed by daily, weekly, monthly or any other interval and related to the process steps involved.
- Examinations can be printed by daily, weekly, monthly or any other interval and related to the process steps involved.
Tracking of Radioactive and Other Consumable Materials
- Radioactive materials and other consumable quantities on hand and the materials being consumed during the examinations are tracked in exactly the same way as the overall stock control system. The materials and kits consumed are automatically deducted from the department stocks.
- The materials and kits which fall to critical stock levels (reorder points) are selected from coded lists and added to new requisitions. Purchased items distributed to the requesting departments are also properly recorded and tracked.
- Material consumptions can be tracked in detail by departmet, technician, and instruments.
- The system also tracks the expiration dates of consumable items and effective periods of radioactive materials with timely warnings to the users.
Reporting of Radiological Results
- This is the function supporting the entry of radiology results.
- Reports are signed electronically by the radiologist conducting the exam or the physician producing the report.
- Radiology result reports are generated by the physician in charge, in predefined plain text formats used in various service units (ultrasonography, computer aided tomography etc). New report formats can always be introduced.
The distribution of patients undergoing radiology procedures is based on such criteria as radiologhical diagnosis, actions taken, gender, age, institution, and radiology unit, and are shown by daily, weekly, monthly or yearly intervals. The distribution of procedures performed at radiology centers is based on instuments, radiologist, radiological procedure, and time data of each radiological step, and are again represented by daily, weekly, monthly or yearly intervals. Statistical display of these data can be repeated if necessary by staff, instrument, and the procedures applied. Consumable item statistics are shown by staff, instrument, and the procedures applied. Radiology results are basically reflected by daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
This module can also produce the required reports on the workload distribution. The objective here is to achieve optimization in the management of the whole system.
Development of this system is based on universally accepted coding schemes used for medical supplies, consumable materials, instruments and equipment.
- The software infrastructure supports the generation of Comparison tables as well as the standard forms used for purchasing approval of requisitioned medical stocks and consuömable items.
- Supplier lists showing the last purchase prices and terms can be generated by stock items and/or consumable materials.
- For the approved medical stock and/or consumable item requests, necessary purchase order forms are printed to be released to the suppliers.
- For the approved medical stock and/or consumable item requirements, necessary request for quotation (RFQ) forms can be producced.
- Automated replenishment order lists can be prepared for the medical stocks and/or consumable items at critically low stock levels.
Stock Tracking and Purchasing Activities
Supports the tracking of all processes and transactions related with the purchasing of Drugs, Medical Supplies, and all other Concumable Items
- Departmental requirements for medical supplies and/or consumable items are communicated to the purchasing department electronically.
- For medical supplies and/or consumable stocks several comparisons can be made including comparison between individual items, comparison with past purchases and comparison with equivalent purchases (generic items)
- Medical stock and/or consumable item receipts are reconciled with purchase orders.
- Medical stock and/or consumable requisitions are reported by departments.
- Medical stock and/or consumable purchase orders can be reported by supplier companies
- Contract and non-contract (bargaining) type purchases of medical stocks and/or consumables can be viewed separately.
- ID record of each medical stock and/or consumable in use can be kept.
- Records showing which company is the supplier of which medical stock and/or consumable item are kept together with the ID profile of these companies.
- Quıality data is kept on the basis of both the individual stock items and the companies from which the procurements are made.
- Requirement forecasts for medical stocks and/or consumable items are calculated based on monthly/yearly consumption quantities plus the expected increases in consumption.
- Various statistical data can be obtained from the records kept.
- The module ensures the services of all storage facilities and depots to be integrated. .
- Custody of medical supplies can be tracked.
- Total requisitions can be displayed by stock and/or consumable item groups.
- Company/companies and pharmacies on which the purchase orders shalll be placed can be added to or removed from the coded lists.
- Display, search anh query functions are available for all medical supplies and/or consumable items.
- Stock item number, description (name), shelf life (if any), storage conditions, quantity, unit of measure (each, kg, liter, pack), receipt/issue (consumption cycle) data, manufacturer, quality assurance certificate, and quality certification of the manufacturing company of each medical stock and/or consumable item can be displayed.
- Stock control records include maximum stock levels, critical stock levels, safety stock levels, and projected purchasing lead times.
- Distribution of received materials to the requesting departments is recorded.
- The prices of each medical stock and/or consumable item lot are entered and their costs are calculated.
- For the stock items and/or consumables being distributed within the hospital, necessary distribution/dispatch records are created.
- Inventory receipts and issues of medical items and/or consumables are supported with barcode readers.
- The software tracks the expiration dates of drugs and other medical items and triggers necessary warnings automatically
- Alternative item costs can be established. (fifo, lifo)
- Usage frequencies (inventory turnover) of stocks and materials are reported.
- Complies with the rquirements of public property system of the government
- Item groupings can be done, and same materials can be tracked by multiple units of measure (each, kilogram, pack etc).
- Depot/warehouse definitions can be entered.
- When medical supplies are issued to meet the requests of various storage locations at the departments, operating theatres, intensive care units, emergency dept etc., the drugs and consumable items issued for each patient are automatically posted to the financial records of the patient from these end-user locations. The system tracks these locations as in-transit depots which can always be inquired against possible losses and manipulations.
- Departmental stocks can be reviewed. Requirement forecasts can be calculated based on current monthly/yearly consumption quantities and possible increases in consumption.
- This module supports the medical supply depots and warehouses to serve from multiple locations, All inventories can be printed by monthly or yearly intervals.
From the transaction records of the system various statisticsal data can be obtained, and inquiries can be answered and reported. Full list of statistics, queries, and reports available in the system shall be determined during the System and Customization Reqirements Analysis phase of the project.
This module is used to perform the billing and consolidated billing functions for paid patients as well as those covered by SSK (Social Security), Emekli Sandığı (State Pension Fund), Bağ-Kur (Vocational Pension Fund), Green Card, or Private Insurers. The system also tracks the promissory notes received for settlement of accounts.
In order to secure the fundamental “Control Function” of the accounting and to achieve better results with less people;
- Document entries into the system are being done by the authorized users of related departments and posted to the accounting through an integrated system.
- Receipts and issues of consumable items and their consumption processes are tracked by authorized department users.
- Inventories are closely monitored by the users and management, stock discrepancies are identified, explained and reported to the accounting department.
- Departments are encouraged to adopt a more disciplined budget approach.
- Departments work out their own budgets, verify these with the actual results received from the accounting, and report all discrepancies.
- An integrated system is in place between the stocks and/or consumable materials and profit/cost centers of the hospital.
- Manual entries are minimized to allow almost all transactions to take place over the automated system.
- The following Financial Statements (Tables) are prepared:
a.Balance sheet (detail, summary), (ayrıntılı, özet ),
b.Previous year’s balance sheet comparison (+/- variance columns),
c. Budget-balance sheet comparison (+/- variance columns),
d.Income statement (detail, summary),
e. Expense table (detail, summary),
f.Previous year’s income statement for comparison (+/- variance columns),
g.Previous year’s expense table for comparison (+/- variance columns),
h.Budget-income statement comparison (+/- variance columns),
i.Budget-expense table comparison (+/- variance columns),
j.Fund flow table,
k.Cash flow table
- All services rendered, and drugs/consumables issued at the hospital can be analyzed in detail by institution, patient, patient’s doctor, user, date interval, and clinics/polyclinics.
- All receipts made by cash, credit cards, checks, drafts and promissory notes, deposit receipts and returns can be analyzed by cashier or user for a given date interval.
- All pending, accrued, collected bills, and bills receivable belonging to self-paid patients, and all pending, accrued, collected bills and bills receivable, consolidated bills, and bills with outstanding balances belonging to institutional patients can be tracked.
- The promissory notes received from patients can be tracked in detail as collected and uncollected notes receivable.
- The system produces all the reports on which tax obligations will be calculated. (interim income tax reports, VAT, dutis etc)
- Accounting system is based on the principles and practices of “uniform chart of accounts”.
- Records are posted to legal books.
- The system can track fixed assets, and handle all necessary valuation and deprecition calculations.
- A strong fixtures and fixed assets tracking system is implemented. (with ID descriptions, and repair and maintenance activities carried out on these items)
- Debt exposure (risk) rankings of institutions and individuals can be demonstrated in separate risk tables.
- Year-end closings and brought over balances to new year are done automatically.
- Profit center costs can be calculated based on;
a.Direct expenses (direct costs)
b.Direct costs plus overheads (full costs)
c.Comparative budget figures
- Expenses can be classified by;
a.Types of expenses,
c.Comparative budget expenses,
d.Departments (the system can produce separate expense reports for each department).
- Unit costs of consumable and other inventory items can be calculated.
- Unit costs of fixtures can be calculated
- The system infrastructure supports budget comparisons with both asset groups.
- Accounting records can be adjusted for monthly inflation rates.
- The system can produce inflation-adjusted financial satements and tables.
- Deprecciation of fixed assets can be done on the basis of “economic lives” of the assets.
- Inflation-adjusted costs of profit centers can be calculated by the system.
- All income and expense items can be adjusted according to the inflation rates entered.
- Ageing of receivables is done by institutions/individuals (and updated)
- Breakdown of cheques and promissory notes on hand can be done based on due dates.
- Breakdown of securities is done by due dates and their yields are calculated.
- Inventory ageing can be made by item groups.
- For the amounts receivable, financial charges can be calculataed and applied.
- Debt payment lists can be produced weekly
- Debt payment lists are attcahed to cheques/bank drafts together with customer profiles.
- Financial debts are tracked by due dates.
- The system can produce cash budgets on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and compare these with the actual figures of the same periods.
- The assets leased through financial leasing are tracked together with the leasing debts accrued.
- Bank deposits are tracked.
- Due days of accounts receivable are calculated
- Due days of accounts payable are calculated.
Sales and Cost of Sales
- Are tracked by types services provided.
- The services provided can be distributed between cost centers and tracked by the system.
- Tracking can be done by the materials used.
- Material consumptions can be tracked by cost centers.
- Revenues and costs per patient can be calculated and monitored.
- Revenues per physician can be tracked.
- Revenues can be tracked by social security institutions (including private insurers).
- Revenues/expenses can be tracked by institutions.
- Monthly and yearly budgets are adjusted according to inflation data.
- Inflation-adjusted actual results can be compared against budget figures.
- Budgets are prepared with the concept of dynamic budgeting (revisions)
- Financial statements to be included in budget formats can be prepared.
- Billlings are done on the basis of codes used.
- All operations done on the patient, drugs and consumable materials used are added to the invoices with predefined codes.
- Coded entries can be priced.
- Prices can be automatically revised.
- Pricing can be linked to the terms or mode of payment.
- Posting of bills to the accounting dept. is online.
- Payment terms of bills are stated on the bills.
- Unpaid bills are tracked.
- The software has been developed to track and discharge the inpatients (referred from another institution) who fail to be discharged from the hospital within specified periods.
- Detailed invoices of civil servants, Emekli Sandığı (State Pension Fund), Bağ-Kur (Vocational Pension Scheme) patients or green card holders can be generated for each patient individually or for the institution in consolidated forms.
- Accounts receivable from institutions can be tracked in detail on the basis of consolidated or accumulated invoices.
- Promissory notes received from self-paid patients can be tracked.
- On all the data and transactions recorded with this module, various statistics can be obtained, queries answered, and reports printed.
- To produce the right documents during the billings, the billing process is conducted in accordance with the annually updated versions of Budget Application Guidelines.
Agency Agreements and Price
- The structure and mechanisms required to define institutional contracts have been included in the system.
- The price lists to be applied under institutional contracts can be created in the form of blanket or package price lists.
- Institutional revenues can be reported individually or in consolidated forms (multiple institutions, for a given period of time).
- Patient inquiries can be made on the basis of institutions.
- The system supports different groupings (Banks, Institutions, State Pension Fund, Vocational Pension Scheme, SSK, Private Insurers, Current Prices, TTB, BUT etc) and automatically reflects the hospital charges on the service items specified in these groups, Individual charge items can be modifed if necessary.
- A” formulation” function has been set up to accommodate all pricing combinations (BUT, TTB, Current) within the same framework
- The software structure and mechanisms ensure different prepayment definitions to be made for physicians in different statuses.
- A unique prepayment status can be described for each physician
- In prepayment calculations, the physician’s services rendered at the hospital and over the satellite are considered as a whole.
A cascaded pre-payment system has been adopted for these payments.
The purpose of this module is to carry out all personnel-related activities in electronic environment.
- All hospital staff records are kept, including the registered identities and leave of absence details of the staff and contracted employees
- Regarding the identities and activites of the staff, several statistics can be produced, queries answered, and reports printed.
- Appointments, promotions, punishments, leave of absences, reports and on-call duties can be recorded, and temporarily employed staff can be monitored.
- Staff attendance records are kept and audited with timecard or identity card (proximity or barcoded) reader sensors, and can be integrated with biometric recognition instruments which will verify certain biometric characteristics of each employee. The attendance records collected in this way can then be the subject of administrative investigations apart from the routine functions of the statistics module.
- Staff chip cards used for entries into buildings can be loaded certain credit amounts to enable these cards to be used as lunch or shopping vouchers at the hospital cafeteria and meal rooms.
- Displays work schedules of the employees and allows data entries.
- Shift data can be integrated with payroll and reported.
- Overtime can be entered, reported and if necessary posted to payrolls.
- Annual holidays and/or documented leave of absences can be entered, reported and posted to payrolls.
Payroll and Social Security Functions
- All types of payrolls, including salaries, salary and wage differentials, overtime etc can be calculated and printed.
- All types of legal deductions, including State Pension Fund and Social Security, tax deductions, compulsory savings deductions, housing saving scheme deductions can be made.
- Additional salary incomes due from Hospital Revolving Funds (Pools) are calculated and distributed in accordance with the the laws, regulations and bulletins of the government.
- Report outputs of all these transactions can be obtained.
- All types of payments and deductions can be calculated. In this respect;
a. Social benefits can be shown with gross and/or net amounts.
b. Wages and salaries can be calculated from net to gross or gross to net amounts.
c. Private insurance premiums, legal confiscations can be recorded.
d. Other statutory and special deductions can be recorded.
- Legal notice and severance indemnity payrolls can be calculated.
- All other reporting requirements can be met.
a. SSK Hiring Declarations and Employee Declarations
b. SSK Monthly Declarations
c. Retired Employee Monthly Declarations (SGDP)
d. Attachment-1 and Attachment-2
e. SSK Declarations ( 4-Monthly)
f. Visit Forms for Sicknesses (daily or 6-monthly)
g. Termination of Employment Documents
h. Job Site Information Forms (for İŞKUR –State Employment Agency)
i. Unemployment Benefit Claim Forms
j. Job Site Declaration forms for the Ministry of Labour
k. Job Contracts
l. Miscellaneous Reports
- Special Allowance deductions can be made and reported.
- Per Diems can be calculated and reported.
- • Payroll reports are generated.
a. Wages and salaries reports
b. Wages and salaries reports
c. Accounting Audit Trail reports
d. Employee payments
e. Employee deductions
f. Employee income taxbase report
g. Annual Payroll Totals
- Bank paycheck files (lists) are prepared.
- Modified taxes, SSK premiums, taxbase rates and parameters can be redefined and phased in on monthly basis.
- Collective labor agreement wage increases can be made and reflected on payrolls.
- Separate payrolls can be generated for wage differentials.
- Employee performance ratings can be made and results can be analyzed.
- The system enables comparative profiles to be produced aimed at career planning
The system also allows a career backup option to be put into place and properly reported.
The main purpose of this module is to help the management in making necessary administrative and strategic decisions by; providing overview on all medical and financial resources of the hospital, enabling inquiries without having to ask anyone within the hospital, and eventually by evaluating and analyzing these resources. The module also includes capabilities such as User Data Entries, Test/Service Lists, Intitutional Data Entries, Coded Data Entries, System Data Edits and Report Management.
Statistical reporting covers Patient Statistical Reports, Polyclinics Statistical Reports, Laboratory Statistical Reports, Statistical Reports on Medical Supplies, and Financial Statement Reports. This is the module where service statistics are kept and reports are generated by various time periods like days, weeks, months, years, or any other date interval specified. The performances of laboratories, emergency units, clinics, and physicians are likewise evaluated on the basis of specified time intervals. Various data stored during medical and scientific researches can also be pulled out for further analyses. The statistical forms (Form 053, 056, 057 etc) and notifications (for Epidemic Diseases) which need to be submitted to the authorities can be generated. Daily lists of polyclinics patients, inpatients, patient attendants can easily be produced. All these lists could be produced for certain date intervals as well. Cost analyses can be made on the basis of diagnosis, treatment, length of inpatient’s stay at the hospital, physician, and the type of service rendered. The full list and details of statistical and other reports to be included in this module is determined during the System and Customization Requirements Analysis phase of the project. The reports demanded by institutions can be produced. Prepayments of specialized physicians employed on package operations can be calculated. Statistical reports can be limited by certain periods. All reports can be exported to office applications. Graphical displays of summary data required by top managers while making their decisions on crucial administrative and strategic issues can be provided in required formats. The revenues/expenses and performance values of each doctor/department can be submitted by certain date intervals. The reports representing drug/lab/consumable item costs per patient file can be obtained with a view to physician’s prepayments and overhead accounts.
Examples of Report:
Hospital Turnover and Earnings
Hospital Turnover, Payment Collection, Bills/Vouchers Summary Report
Daily Tracking of Polyclinics and Inpatient File Lists.
Detailed Tracking of Polyclinics and Inpatient File Lists.
Cost and prepayment accruals for package operations (angio, bypass etc) rendered in Cardiology Units
Patient Details of Package Operations (angio, bypass etc.)
Daily and monthly patient traffic observed at the polyclinics.
Earnings and costs analyses of Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy etc. services
Consumption Control of Laboratory and Radiology materials and kits
Tracking of operations
Tracking of checks and promissory notes received from patients
Tracking of doctors prepayments (except Cardiology and KVC)
Detailed tracking of billings and payments made under institutional contracts
Summary (industry-based) tracking of billings and payments made under institutional contracts
Debit/credit lists of contract institutions
Medication and consumable item purchase controls
Total quantities of drugs/consumable items received and dispatched
Total drug/consumable item quantities on hand
Detailed tracking of inventoryk transactions by quantity and movements
Tracking of bed availabilities
Inpatient bed lists and numbers
User Data Entries
This is the functon by which all HBYS user profiles can be defined. Software and hardware structuring of user groups are made here together with the authority to access, delete and update the data stored in the system. User records can be printed out. All system modifications are logged-in and saved
Entering Test/Service Dept Lists
This is the function which enables the entry of various data lists such as diagnosis/treatment, and tests into the system
Entering Institutional Information
With this function overall definitions associated with the functioning of the hospital are made.
- Identification, naming and entry of polyclinics, service units, clinics, laboratories, operation theatres
- Identification and entry of hospital ambulances, rooms, beds, staff, medical instruments, equipment etc.
Coded Data Entries
This function enables the coded data to be defined.
- Definitions include standard as well as special codes
- Minimum and maximum stock quantities allowed can be defined for control purposes.
- Supplier companies of drugs and other medical items can also be defined.
- All input and output definable with code systems can be coded, named, and grouped.
System Data Edits
- This is the functon which deals with the editing of Hospital Information System Application Software parameters.
- It enables to define which modules are to be installed in which parts of the institution.
- All functions performed in the system are split into different categories of authority, and accordingly the user groups are either given or denied these authorities.
- Security parameters of the system can be entered.
- The users who are authorised to use the hardware integrated with the system (printers, barcode readers, electronic medical instruments etc) can be defined.
- Error messages to users can be displayed and changed.
- Several records numbers wrongly assigned to patients can be combined in a single patient record number.
- This function supports the definition, updating, and authorization of standard report formats (medical and statistical) according to the changing requirements of the hospital/institution.
- Defined report formats can be deleted, changed, and updated.
- Service units and departments which have access to standard report formats are clearly defined.
- Reports can be grouped.
- Statistical reporting can be enhanced with additional report definitions based on new criteria.
Data collection and reporting tools necessary for quality indicators are also available as embedded features of the system.
The purpose of this module is to process operation requests and appoinments and keep post-operative records. To this end, the following functions are carried out;
- This module enables the operation appointment requests made from any terminal in the system to be recorded, and the apointment approvals to be viewed by the same requesting person.
- The module is designed to be used at delivery rooms, anesthesia units and wake-up rooms with the operative data being properly recorded in the operation register. The information as to who took part in the operation (surgeon, anesthesist, nurse, technician etc) is also recorded.
- Operative procedures followed at the operating room are shown on the patient’s file/invoice as they are in the clinics and polyclinics modules. For services and medical supplies, all receipt/issue/stock/request functions are normally performed.
- Operation results can be queried and reported together with the operative history of the patient based on certain criteria.
- Operating room booking requests are processed and displayed on viewing screens.
- Operating room actvity records can be reported daily, weekly, monthly or by selected date intervals
- Detailed operation costs can be posted to patient invoices automatically.
- Operating rooms, anesthesists, nurses and all other sugical support staff can be scheduled, On-call staff schedules can be prepared.
- Operation fees for same, different disectomy, same, different surgical team, and 1. 2. 3. operations are charged automatically on the basis of different institution, service etc details defined in the system.
- The surgeon in charge of the operation selects the operation from the coded list and then enters the reqired input.
- Materials used during the operation are selected from the material lists and charged as add-on costs on the patient’s service bills.
- The instruments and equipment used in operating theatres are traced.
- Inquiries can be run according to disease codes, groups or other user-defined fields. Pre, intra, post-anesthesia tracking of patients is provided.
- Surgical procedures, materials, sets, and pack lists involved in the operation are all displayed.
- While the operation times (Admission to and discharge from the operating room) of the patient are documented, any delays or wait times in the theater could also be recorded and inquired.
- Operation reports can be written and for reports not filed within 24 hours warnings can be displayed.
*Operation lists can be prepared based on defined criteria like general or local anesthesia, department etc.
* Operation appointments can be made by accessing the operation lists and booking schedules from outside the operating room.
- The system provides all the data required for operation cost analyses, case volume analyses, surgical efficiency analyses, room utilization analyses, and anesthesia complication ratios .
About the operations performed and the records kept, various statistical studies can be made, inquiries answered, and reports printed.
Since the module is intended for the use of dental units within the hospital as well as independent mouth and dental care centers and practitioners, its functionality and scope have been designed according to the needs of these units.
- Patient’s complaints, diagnostic and test results, physician’s own diagnosis, the medications prescribed and the decisions made are entered into the patient’s file electronically.
- If it is the first application of the patient, particular medical data (allergy, diabetes, bleeding disorder, lower and upper jaw disorders etc) is needed and can be recorded by the system.
- The records of all referrals, the name of the instituiton/center the patient is referred to and reason of referral, the name of the referring authority are all kept in the records.
- The records of all types of oral checks, planning, tests and treatments are kept.
- The records of all materials and prostheses etc. used for the patient are kept.
- Billing of all clinical activities rendered to the patient is done through an integrated system with the Cash Collection, Revolving Fund and Billing module.
- The medical history of the patient is recorded together with the data on his/her dental structure.
- All types of appointments, cancellations and updates can be done.
- The conditions of existing instruments and equipment at the dental units are tracked through the integrated instrument tracking module.
• The module provides various statistical data which can be inquired, answered and reported in printed forms. Users can determine the full list and details of statistics, inquiries and reports during the System Customization Requirements Analysis.
This module is intended to support the procedures taking place at the service center from the time of admission to the time the patient leaves the center for any reason (transfer to another center, death etc), and to keep all necessary records.
- Admission of patients from polyclinics, other service units or emergency departments is possible.
- All patient admissions to the service center can be recorded.
- Available and unavailable machines at the center can be listed and selected at any time with the HBV, HCV etc parameters of the patient and the dialysis machine being absolutely taking into account during the selection.
- The lists of machines currently in service, out-of service, defective, under maintenance or planned for maintenance are constantly updated, with the necessary automatic adjustments on scheduled appointments.
- The conditions of the machines already in service are being monitored with the Instrument Tracking module.
- The patients who already have appointments are admitted, with periodic adjustments in appointment schedules. Appointments can be cancelled or interchanged with the appointments of other patients according to such key parameters as HBV, HCV, HIV etc.
- The data on the Patient’s Signboard and the on-going treatments given during dialysis sessions can be entered into the system easily and retrieved whenever needed.
- Which patients have been followed-up by which nurses at which sessions, and which person has been responsible for the support and medical treatment of the patient are some of the issues being recorded and tracked by the system. These records can be displayed/reported in desired formats at any time.
- While special follow-up lists are created for other parenteral treatments, minimum drug and material stocks are also closely watched by the system.
- Patient’s chronic illnessess like hepatitis, diabetes, hyper/hypo blood pressure which need constant follow-up are recorded together with his/her vascular path data.
- To identify the physicians submitting the requests, all physician’s requests (treatment, medication etc) are properly recorded.
- The drugs and other medical supplies whose stocks are depleted or simply not available from hospital pharmacies are also added to the patient’s acccount when purchased from outside. Yet, to comply with the current legislation and practices, the system makes sure that these do not get posted as expense items in the hospital’s books.
- Consultation requests can be booked and the results can be tracked.
- The costs of the drugs used for the patient, the operations and tests etc undergone and the materials used during the course of the treatment (fistula operation, catheters, injection needles, x-rays, drugs, solutions etc) are immediately entered into the patient’s file and charged to his/her account in electronic environnment. It is possible to view the patient’s billing data at any time.
- The records of medical stocks at the Dialysis Unit are accurately kept, and movements of these stocks (solutions, sets, dialyzers, and other supplies) are continuously tracked to show the latest status of the physical inventory and to provide necessary statistics.
- Things like bed or equipment changes, patient leaves of absence can be processed, recorded, and viewed retroactively.
- Epicrisis reports needed for exiting patients can be prepared, and if requested patients can be referred to other health institutions or centers.
- Organ transplants and pre-transplantation data can be kept and processed by the system
- The system can track the working hours, on-call schedules and ex lists of doctors and nurses working at the Dialysis Unit.
- The system can handle appointment requests made for patients who will undergo fistula operations at the operating room.
Regarding the records and procedures of the patients being treated in Dialysis units, the system can provide various statistical data which can be inquired, answered and reported in printed forms.
This module records and tracks the procedures and tasks of joint health committees formed with the purpose of issuing reports for such things as ability to start work or schools, disability allowances, complete disability, sick leaves, approvals for treatment in a foreign country etc. These activities can be documented in printed formats. With this module:
- Booking requests are processed
- Prior to committee meetings necessary preparations can be made on the cases to be discussed.
- Test and consultation requests can be handled automatically.
The forms required within the functions and authoritiy of the hospital (reports, treatment in a foreign country, arbitration hospital etc ) are designed, or redesigned according to the changes in these functions and authorities.
This system enables all criminal reports, epicrisis reports, operation reports, laboratory results, inpatient files, history data, radiology, pathology, physiotherapy and consultation reports etc to be kept in a single file directly related to a single patient, The users who have access to these files would be allowed to update the contents of these files, correct any wrong data and enjoy other innovative analysis techniques. Beside the basic recording functions, the folllowing functions would also be delivered within the scope of the Project:
a. Create archive files,
b. File control,
d. Archive requests,
f. Archive tracking
The system infrastructure supports furthet development of these functions through customized implementations.
- Disease groupings requested/to be requested by the Health Ministry are done based on diagnosis codes.
- The diseases for which public notification is compulsory, reporting is done automatically.
- ICD-10, DRG, BUT, GMDN and similar other code systems are supported.
- Medical reports (pathology, operative, epicrisis) can be sent by fax or e-mails.
- Online communication of patient files between the hospital and Community Polyclinics/Satellite Locations (if any) is supported.
- Polyclinics appointments are displayed from the medical archives one day before the actual date.
- More than one diagnosis can be entered for a patient (primary, secondary diagnosis)
- Missing files can be traced back to the medical archives and the ones that are found can be sent to the related persons (doctor, nurse, physiotherapist etc) electronically.
- Criminal files are accessible by authorised users only.
All hard copy documents (request forms, result forms etc) required during the billing of Emekli Sandığı (State Pension Fund), Bağ-Kur (Vocational Pension Fund), SSK (Social Security System) and other Institutions are printed out automatically to be submitted to these institutions.
Meets the blood and blood product demands of inpatients, outpatients and emergency patients while keeping the necessary records for the Blood Bank. It is a comprehensive module and an integral part of HBYS Hospital Information Management System by which all donor records,, transfusion records can be maintained with sufficient follow-up on blood and blood product activities.
- The blood and/or blood product requests made from any terminal in the system and the person who sent in this request can be easily seen by the Blood Bank staff.
- The data on the donors and the sources of blood and blood products obtained from various sources can be entered into the system.
- The results of all routine and other tests being carried out on blood stocks can be recorded, and viewed by the requesting service departments.
- Bloods supplied from the Centre are carefully tracked within the hospital.
- The system triggers necessary automatic alerts to give priority to the requests made from emergency departments and operating rooms.
- Blood products are tracked by expiration dates and blood groups.
- Cross-matches are monitored.
- It warns the users when the planned blood group do not match patient records.
- On the basis of the test procedures followed and the records kept, several statistics can be obtained, inquiries can be answered, and reports can be printed.
The authorized staff who have access to certain restricted records are identified with different authority levels in this sub-system.
Provides meal planning functions for patients.
- Diet lists of outpatients are kept in the system and easily retrieved when handing out to the patients. The numbers and types of diet plans logged-into the system are tracked by certain date intervals.
- The meal and breakfast lists of inpatients entered from service departments can be viewed and printed by the diet section to prepare their own lists indicating the meal quantities to be served in days ahead.
- Menu choices provided to patients can be listed.
- Patient-specific breakfast and meal menus are entered with the names of the patients.
- Special diet menus can be organized and displayed.
- The physician’s recipe for patient meals is automatically displayed for diet staff to have necessary printouts.
- When the recipe is reviewed, patient diet lists will also be updated automatically.
- Patients who are not supposed to be served any meals before certain medical interventions are monitored from the diet section.
- The times when the patients will resume eating after operation or intervention are monitored automatically.
- Subject to network availability, patients may be allowed to view their menus or even enter their own menu selections from their bedrooms.
- Diet constraints can be displayed and viewed. For example, if the patient is advised a potassium-poor diet, the system shall warn the staff as soon as this is not observed.
- Calorie levels of selected menu can be calculated automatically, and indicated on a meal tag that comes with the meal being served.
- Inpatients who are discharged from the hospital are given their appropriate diets and nutrition training programs in printed forms.
- Types of diet-normal menus, variations from diet menus, variations from regular eating times of the patient, variations from no-eat schedules (before medical operations etc) can be reported in detail.
- When a diet request is entered, the system can be configured to monitor the drug-nutrient interactions automatically and issue necessary warnings.
- Outpatient diet protocols can be displayed.
- All past menus of inpatients/outpatients can be displayed.
- Nutrient and diet schedules of outpatients can be printed out.
- Weight losing programs of outpatients and inpatients can be followed up.
- Staff meal lists can be entered into the system and monitored.
- Food/material supplies can be received.
- In the light of this data food and grocery requirement lists shall be issued.
- Purchase orders shall be placed according to previously issued lists and current stocks.
- Item receipts and issues are closely tracked.
- Current, consumed, returned, expired, disposed item quantities are printed out by specified date intervals.
- When the item requirements for daily breakfast and meals are submitted during the day, the daily quantities to be issued from storerooms shall be automatically indicated on the picklists.
Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly material/resource consumption quantities can be calculated.
With this module all data related with the instruments and equipment used at the hospital and their movements in and out of the hospital buildings are accurately tracked and recorded
- The movements of instruments and equipment being used in service departments, polyclinics, and laboratories (respiratory equipment, ECG, BP gauge, biopsy set, portable x-ray, other portable equipment etc.) are recorded and tracked by the system together with the hospital asset IDs and operating instructions of these instruments.
- All repair, maintenance (periodic and call) and replenishment activities associated with the equipment are recorded together with their warranty periods.
- Token machines used for sequential numbering of patient appointments are also tracked.
- The system includes the machines being used in such locations as the laundry, sterile storerooms, and the kitchen.
Regarding the activities carried out with this module, various statistical data can be obtained, queries answered and reports printed. The complete list and details of these statistical charts, inquiries. and reports can be determined at the System Customization Requirements Analysis stage of the Project.
Believe in Continuity…